Probate administration is a court process to distribute the assets of a deceased person.
· Assets are collected, creditors are paid and beneficiaries receive whatever remains.
· Assets = Real Estate or Personal Property
· Two kinds of “Probate”: Summary & Formal Administration
· The existence of a Will does not eliminate the need for probate
· In Florida, “Personal Representatives” are in charge of “probating” the estate
· Personal Representatives have attorney representation (attorneys do most of the work)